Re: Windows 7 users's authentication with openldap ?

On 06/25/2010 02:56 AM, Indexer wrote:

On 25/06/2010, at 1:08 AM, Frank Bonnet wrote:

Hello

Anyone knows if it is possible to authenticate users of a windows 7 client machine as we do with UNIX clients with pam_ldap + nss_ldap
to our openldap server ?

Thank you.

The way that i achieved this is by using OpenLDAP as a backend to a Samba 3.X Primary Domain Controller. I have heard of other arbitrary authentication modules for windows, but as far as reliability and support, samba is the way to go.

Yes of course we also use Samba but we are in trouble with "seven" clients that cannot join the domain so I'm searching for alternate
solutions ...