[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to change OpenLDAP database directory
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to change OpenLDAP database directory
- From: Mail Admin <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:24:02 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=4nX5X34TPm5spYKcJws8oTqTOess+K6VUakLsVhfueE=; b=bSG8fr3mvhMOut0UGvc2GxFCEME64+YRq+mCBPmvCFcFt7J54/uapvKUOmjKKhT2Ew XLjaYGpiz7BPrgp4f3t+30y2Mm26elMvNG5FJSzECZyVyjZe/QSHeGdsoEWXO40QqxXf 25vSjT0Y6//Q//3J0Mhi9od8fO3hCTMiPaKk4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=BEF8h3gOZ49R4vuspTJJmLof2bdx9gPAGWJ/SjBbpm8Sy7l5FfRV3yPSMwbfPhe9Jn 3Ge/GVqcRG+dxBZFTJCgIzipwdz6Z5bp4ThkVhmjsQ0Y31Y3vrco/9LLOkIpw29emNp8 W7e/pLJyUQ0LbJmzTKw1F4N67OE52kqAXxoBw=
I am very new to Linux and Openldap. We have setup a mail server on CentOS, Postfix, Dovecot, etc witth OpenLDAP as backend.
1) We want to change the daabase directory of Openldap from /var/lib/ldap to /var/vmail/ldap. Could someone please let me know the settings I need to make to achieve this?
2) I tried to creae /var/lib/ldap as a linked folder (actual database located under /var/vmail/ldap). Permissions to the files and folders under this were set exactly the same. when I start ldap service, i get the following error:
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
slap_startup failed (test would succeed using the -u switch) [FAILED]
stale lock files may be present in /var/lib/ldap/dbname [WARNING]
If I remove the linked folder and copy the contents to /var/lib/ldap, everything works perfectly fine. Is linked folder not going to work for ldap? or am I missing something here? (Please note that the folder /var/vmail is a separate LUN in the SAN).
I would like to achieve any one of the scinario mentioned above. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.