[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to change openldap database directory
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to change openldap database directory
- From: Mail Admin <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:50:05 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=9LDnwLFOfbAppVi54ZolYyP7ipLHOTuZ15oHZnwtDK8=; b=oB1YDVipBAVUEqn7XURWq+7lIwvpSlJiKsAKgd/lxN9VOnQ1IaBkFj/DIiq8o7JZ+g aZqAhoxAEgU6lxQBCV5s1eE03RB3HKqq4KCVAQ+i7+mbsRKGsp1HgW9aN+7w2xuBy0kl pd30SU1aJoUJtSF5MgexGrvLr6FAHxGKIiFP0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=K/pRIKKB7cLuJlP3hkYmrMFSILuSE2t2jD9ChIblzLRtiS/I+Ipj27tZYpxQHzHx0J sllm8ZF3wTpxjuxzjP/IfvMi/baxXefQ6PDh5lN1YMBHUIp0PPLjRy+egFVCH2FJP8Db AM8ziOh4ir+1ZLZc8YeeJqvL3rlTM0UMhsVOA=
I am very new to Linux and Openldap. We have setup a mail server on CentOS, Postfix, Dovecot, etc witth OpenLDAP as backend.
1) We want to change the daabase directory of Openldap from /var/lib/ldap to /var/vmail/ldap . Could someone please let me know the settings I need to make to achieve this?
2) I tried to creae /var/lib/ldap as a linked folder (actual database located under /var/vmail/ldap). Permissions to the files and folders under this were set exactly the same. when I start ldap service, i get the following error:
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
slap_startup failed (test would succeed using the -u switch) [FAILED]
stale lock files may be present in /var/lib/ldap/dbname [WARNING]
If I remove the linked folder and copy the contents to /var/lib/ldap, everything works perfectly fine. Is linked folder not going to work for ldap? or am I missing something here? (Please note that the folder /var/vmail is a separate LUN in the SAN).
I would like to achieve any one of the scinario mentioned above. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.