Re: Copying trees from one consumer to another

--On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:05 AM -0700 Chris Jacobs <Chris.Jacobs@apollogrp.edu> wrote:

Nick,

I've done this a number of times - Dev on an 'in production' ldap
infrastructure.  I've managed to get the boxes out of sync a number of
times.

1. Stop slapd.
2. Delete the contents of the db dir
3. Copy a db-config into it.
4. Startup slapd.

The full tree is replicated pretty quickly.  Try it out, you'll see.  It
take less then half a minute to replicate a tree with approx 800 entries
(very rough estimate) even on slaves in AZ and masters in WA.
I'm sure it does work fine for such a tiny database. Get a large database (20 million, 200 million etc), it's not worth the time to do it that way.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc