[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: What DN (user name) I should use for connecting to ldap server?
- To: sam <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: What DN (user name) I should use for connecting to ldap server?
- From: Benjamin Griese <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:07:56 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=dScbt99uDzajs6tMUkpU00R2+VJP7d1l0k1T466ZIgI=; b=gqFEqz0Y/xhSm/yWO1LTmyMfWkmRGDrJYcuBgQd8An8FxO4LydHc30WqtOE8h9+Rwy OjOVTPRnsf3Q2AMtaq5YX+GkBK4S+oOI2RohAJQRArqViN9cNtuiZ9SJjcDAVJc8vmzT iBwx6gqY1VmgwFkZ8SCT7IiCqQ7VE5kOXc6ZM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=lE6CQQvujp6eGEla82XCxRGEA4CoHW9+v1o8qNWuWs7QcH5sZRjjOeO9kxPqQ9Gd8P +oCkCcZ+FHGtPly7QNsyzfL/6ZunZzuyd+CYuat2QIDK2RZujzYH+cKeo/NuKpnkiDfn BAhIZw80+bX5eYLZqkUCVmKNyu6q8d+fJ+wMI=
- In-reply-to: <4C1F6C2D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4C1F6C2D.email@example.com>
that depends on your slapd.conf
Usually it its "cn=root,dc=example,dc=com", but it could be completely different in your case.
admin, root, administrator or whatever you have chosen to be the master in your slapd.conf/slap.d
Check your config and build your path backwards. :)
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 15:42, sam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have ldap server started up in freebsd.
I tried to test it with Apache Directory Studio.
When I open a New Connection in the Studio, it asks for User name.
I entered "root" as user name, then go for the connection...
However I got following error message in ldap log file:
Jun 21 23:14:51 hometest slapd: conn=1005 fd=11 ACCEPT from IP=192.168.1.100:57297 (IP=192.168.1.20:389)
Jun 21 23:14:51 hometest slapd: conn=1005 op=0 do_bind: invalid dn (root)
Jun 21 23:14:51 hometest slapd: conn=1005 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=34 text=invalid DN
Jun 21 23:14:51 hometest slapd: conn=1005 fd=11 closed (connection lost)
What value of DN I should enter in the ldap browser (Apache Directory Studio) in order to connect to the ldap server?
I have ldap listening to the following ports:
hometest:openldap # netstat -an | egrep '389|636'
tcp4 0 0 192.168.1.20.636 *.* LISTEN
tcp4 0 0 192.168.1.20.389 *.* LISTEN
Your help is much appreciated
To be or not to be -- Shakespeare | To do is to be -- Nietzsche | To be is to do -- Sartre | Do be do be do -- Sinatra