Re: syncrepl vs is_entry_objectclass "2.5.17.0" no objectClass attribute

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:20 PM +0200 Guy.Baconniere@swisscom.com wrote:

Hello,

A syncrepl with a searchbase of "dc=foo,dc=bar" is working fine but
not with a empty/null "" searchbase. On the provider side I have the
following error "is_entry_objectclass("", "2.5.17.0") no objectClass
attribute"
and on the consumer I have "do_syncrep2: rid=002 (32) No such object".

ldapsearch -LLL -h foo.bar -p 389 -x -D 'cn=syncrepl,dc=foo,dc=bar' -w
'*****' -b '' -s sub '(objectclass=*)' '*' '+'
Do not have any issue to retrieve the full DIT(s) and is able to find the
sub of root object.

Is it possible to replicate an null/empty searchbase with syncrepl ?

Yes, it works just fine for me.

Maybe you should download Zimbra, and install the zimbra-ldap package on two different systems, one a master, one a replica, and examine the resulting configurations. If you want to see how it is done via slapd.conf and OpenLDAP 2.3, download Zimbra 5.0.x. If you want to see how it is done with cn=config and OpenLDAP 2.4, download Zimbra 6.0.x.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc