Re: Best way to merge two local DITs vs empty search base suffix

--On Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:17 PM +0200 Guy.Baconniere@swisscom.com wrote:

Hello,

We want to update our old OpenLDAP server from 2.1.x to 2.4.x but the
current configuration do not use a regular suffix (o=foo,c=bar nor
dc=foo,dc=bar) but use an empty suffix ("").

We want to move away from empty suffix as we cannot use cn=monitor or any
additional suffixes as they can not bind when a suffix ""is in use in a
hdb database :

You can do this just fine. I do it in all my installs. You simply need to declare them in the right order. I.e., you must declare monitor, etc before the empty suffix.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc