Re: Restricting client access using pam_groupdn with dynamic groups : Was[Re: restrict host login based on group]

Shamika Joshi wrote:
Hi Adam,
sorry coz of workload it took me while to revisit my configuration & verify
things you mentioned. As far as I could understand things look quite in place.
I have pasted my configurations mapping exactly yours. Could you kindly take a
look at it for me pls?

PWD=/etc/openldap/slapd.d

This is not the way to list the contents of the config DB. cn=config is a slapd database, use slapcat or ldapsearch to dump its contents.

	slapcat -n0

Use the documented tools. You cannot rely on the slapd internal file formats remaining in any particular shape or form.

# ls -lR
cn=config
cn=config.ldif

./cn=config:
../
cn=schema/
olcDatabase={0}config/
olcDatabase={1}hdb/
cn=module{0}.ldif
cn=schema.ldif
olcDatabase={-1}frontend.ldif
olcDatabase={0}config.ldif
olcDatabase={1}hdb.ldif

/cn=config/cn=schema:

admins@x6:/etc/ldap$ sudo ls -ltr /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn\=config/cn=schema
total 60
-rw-r----- 1 openldap openldap 15474 2010-04-01 00:30 cn={0}core.ldif
-rw------- 1 openldap openldap 11316 2010-04-01 00:30 cn={1}cosine.ldif
-rw------- 1 openldap openldap  2810 2010-04-01 00:31 cn={2}inetorgperson.ldif
-rw------- 1 openldap openldap  6446 2010-04-01 00:31 cn={3}nis.ldif
-rw------- 1 openldap openldap 12510 2010-04-13 22:59 cn={4}samba.ldif
-rw------- 1 openldap openldap   468 2010-04-15 04:07 cn={5}hostobj.ldi

./cn=config/olcDatabase={0}config <=== i probably messed this up while trying
multimaster replication, but didnt knw the way how to delete these to left it
there thinking it will not anyway harm my dynlist config. pls correct me if
i'm wrong.

    sudo ls /etc/ldap/slapd.d//cn=config/olcDatabase={0}config
    olcOverlay={0}syncprov.ldif   olcOverlay={5}syncprov.ldif
    olcOverlay={10}syncprov.ldif  olcOverlay={6}syncprov.ldif
    olcOverlay={1}syncprov.ldif   olcOverlay={7}syncprov.ldif
    olcOverlay={2}syncprov.ldif   olcOverlay={8}syncprov.ldif
    olcOverlay={3}syncprov.ldif   olcOverlay={9}syncprov.ldif
    olcOverlay={4}syncprov.ldif

    admins@x6:/etc/ldap$ sudo ls /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config/olcDatabase={1}hdb
    olcOverlay={0}dynlist.ldif

    admins@x6:/etc/ldap$ sudo cat /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn\=config.ldif
    dn: cn=config
    objectClass: olcGlobal
    cn: config
    olcArgsFile: /var/run/slapd/slapd.args
    olcLogLevel: none
    olcPidFile: /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
    olcToolThreads: 1
    structuralObjectClass: olcGlobal
    entryUUID: 342d7130-d1ac-102e-9cd4-e742ad24bbaf
    creatorsName: cn=config
    createTimestamp: 20100401073034Z
    olcServerID: 1 ldap://x6.testlab.com <http://x6.testlab.com>
    olcServerID: 2 ldap://x6slave.testlab.com <http://x6slave.testlab.com>
    entryCSN: 20100415071243.393226Z#000000#000#000000
    modifiersName: cn=admin,cn=config
    modifyTimestamp: 20100415071243Z
    contextCSN: 20100415110741.696825Z#000000#000#000000

    # cat cn\=config/cn\=module\{0\}.ldif
    dn: cn=module{0}

    admins@x6:/etc/ldap$ sudo cat
    /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn\=config/cn\=module\{0\}.ldif dn: cn=module{0}
    objectClass: olcModuleList
    cn: module{0}
    olcModulePath: /usr/lib/ldap
    olcModuleLoad: {0}back_hdb
    olcModuleLoad: {1}dynlist.la <http://dynlist.la>
    olcModuleLoad: {2}syncprov
    structuralObjectClass: olcModuleList
    entryUUID: d01365fa-d1ac-102e-845b-c590dd936017
    creatorsName: cn=localroot,cn=config
    createTimestamp: 20100401073455Z
    entryCSN: 20100414110801.212307Z#000000#000#000000
    modifiersName: cn=admin,cn=config
    modifyTimestamp: 20100414110801Z

    admins@x6:/etc/ldap$ sudo cat
    /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn\=config/olcDatabase\=\{1\}hdb/olcOverlay\=\{0\}dynlist.ldif
    dn: olcOverlay={0}dynlist
    objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
    objectClass: olcDynamicList
    olcOverlay: {0}dynlist
    olcDlAttrSet: {0}groupOfNames labeledURI member
    structuralObjectClass: olcDynamicList
    entryUUID: 4a9d0a38-d5b3-102e-8fe9-d7eabe4068a1
    creatorsName: cn=admin,cn=config
    createTimestamp: 20100406103123Z
    entryCSN: 20100406103123.135808Z#000000#000#000000
    modifiersName: cn=admin,cn=config
    modifyTimestamp: 20100406103123Z

My ldap.conf is there in the first thread. Do you see any issues that I need
to take care? Anything you think I could be missing here?

Thanks
Shamika

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Shamika Joshi <shamika.joshi@gmail.com