Help with a referral

Hi:

I'm trying to migrate an old LDAP server (that holds an ldap tree for
Open-Xchange) to a new installation of OpenLDAP 2.3.43.

A lot of users had configured their Outlook in a way that they make a
base search for ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com in their LDAP
address book. But my new LDAP tree won't have
ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com entry, i'm creating a new ldap structure
to be used with GOSA.

So I decide to create a referral like this:

dn: ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com
ou: Users
objectclass: referral
objectclass: extensibleObject
ref: ldap://HOSTNAME/ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com

This works fine, now Outlook users can find their contacts using the
same base search (ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com) but now GOSA
got in problems because it finds two administrator users (cn=System
administrator,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com) because of the referral.
I just would like to GOSA doesn't follow referrals or just searches
for users under ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com instead of the root
dc=domain,dc=com, but it seem that GOSA isn't good enough to customize
this yet.

So I think I could modify my referral to return not all attributes,
just some of them (the attributes commonly used by an address book
search) like this:

dn: ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com
ou: Users
objectclass: referral
objectclass: extensibleObject
ref: ldap://HOSTNAME/ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com?cn,sn,givenName,telephoneNumber,mail

After updating my referral and I make an ldapsearch:

# ldapsearch -xLLL "(uid=admin)"

I still get two entries (two administrators) and both of them returns
all its attributes. Then I tried to modify my referral like this:

dn: ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=domain,dc=com
ou: Users
objectclass: referral
objectclass: extensibleObject
ref: ldap://HOSTNAME/ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com??sub?(!(uid=admin))

And still get two entries (two administrators). So I suspect that my
referral URI isn't working. Am using a wrong referral? Or maybe
OpenLDAP always returns all entries ignoring attributes and filters in
a URI referral (ldap://HOSTNAME/ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com?cn,sn,givenName,telephoneNumber,mail)?

I hope some one can help me because i'm stuck with this since two days
ago. I just want to limit the entries returned by my referral.

Thanks