Re: bdb_index_read: failed

I'd totally forgotten to reply-to-all:

Arwin,

You'd have to turn log levels up, and/or restrict usage to narrow that down (classic trouble shooting, to the rescue).

Personally, I'd ask your staff to start with (devs and IT) and ask what's being done different, or if there are new users of LDAP.

I can understand something being done that's 'new' or 'different' could very well be some snoop, but more likely the 'culprit' is going to be something 'ok'.

Moving on...

See when the events occur and (and perhaps who is authenticating)turn the log levels up during that time - that'll require a restart of slapd if your config is static files (now I really see the beauty of olconfig).

Start with just logging auth, whether you find a link there or not, and if you need more detail, log the queries (shudder).

Oh, and you'll need some 'spare' disk and cpu if this is a modestly used service.  If you get to the latter part, you'll likely crush your box.

And back again...

Seriously, ask around.  It'll likely be easier.

This was all assuming that this was an established service - and if you've simply taken over an admin role, this could have been going on for a while and the final 'culprit' may simply be missing indexes.

Good luck,
- chris

Chris Jacobs, Systems Administrator
Apollo Group  |  Apollo Marketing | Aptimus
2001 6th Ave Ste 3200 | Seattle, WA 98121
phone: 206.441.9100 x1245 | mobile: 206.601.3256 | fax: 206.441.9661
email: chris.jacobs@apollogrp.edu