Re: Adding Objectclass account gives object class violation

ooh thanks I would definitely go for this for actual implementation in my lab! thanks much Buchan.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:
On Thursday, 15 April 2010 12:11:02 Shamika Joshi wrote:
> Great it worked! Thanks alot Adam!
>
> sudo ldapadd -x -W -c -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -f hostobject.ldif

Why didn't you use the ldapns.schema that is provided by pam_ldap, using
correct OIDs and everything?

I guess because Ubuntu, while shipping with cn=config, doesn't document how to
convert .schema format schemas to ldif format? That's no reason to use random
schemas, when appropriate ones already exist.

I have attached a version in ldif.

Regards,
Buchan