Re: DO NOT HI-JACK OIDs [Was: Adding Objectclass account gives object class violation]

My sincere apologies... I'm a newbee in this area & I was unware of this fact regarding OIDs. Thank you for the information. I will make the appropriate change.
Would you help me correct the syntax of ldif file that I'm using for adding this objectclass ?

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@opengroupware.us> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 14:17 +0530, Shamika Joshi wrote:
> I tried adding my own auxiliary objectclass as below but I get this
> error, I'm definately not doing it right. apologies for the lack of
> schema knowledge, could you please correct me?
> sudo ldapmodify -x -D cn=admin,cn=config -W -f hostobject.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> modifying entry "olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config"
> ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)
>         additional info: attribute 'olcObjectClasses' not allowed
> hostobject.ldif:
> dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: olcObjectClasses
> olcObjectClasses: ( NAME 'hostobj'DESC 'Combine
> Samba and account' SUP top MUST $ account AUXILIARY )

Are you employed by Morrison Industries?  If "No" then you cannot define
anything in ""
<http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/>.  You don't
just 'make up' OIDs.  Either use an existing schema object or apply for
a [free] OID for your own use.