Re: Using "overlay dynlist" with Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 LDAP server using slapd.d (not slapd.conf) ?

Thanks for your continous & prompt help Dieter. I truly appreciate it.
 I think I had taken care of pam-ldap & nssswitch configuration before but I will revisit that part & get back to you.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
Am Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:07:34 +0530
schrieb Shamika Joshi <shamika.joshi@gmail.com>:

> Yes,it shows it correctly.
> admins@x6:~$ ldapsearch -xLLL -b
> cn=u910desk,ou=Machines,dc=testlab,dc=com dn:
> cn=u910desk,ou=Machines,dc=testlab,dc=com cn: u910desk
> ipHostNumber:
> member: cn=placeholder,dc=testlab,dc=com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: groupOfNames
> objectClass: labeledURIObject
> objectClass: ipHost
> labeledURI:
> ldap://,dc=testlab,dc=com??one?(host=cms3)
> search result of ldap://
>,dc=testlab,dc=com??one?(host=cms3) shows
> uid=george, which is correct.
> Should I be doing any more configuration to get to this login
> restriction working???

If this is really the result you expect, than you should configure pam
sshd and nsswitch to use this result.

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
sip: +49.40.20932173