Re: Using "overlay dynlist" with Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 LDAP server using slapd.d (not slapd.conf) ?

Shamika Joshi <shamika.joshi@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> The desired implementation is to control user logins on different lab machines based on
> the project groups.
> Scenario: Bob is part of project group 'mars' & John is part of 'venus' then I have added
> lab machines x1-x3 to group 'mars' & y1-y3 to group venus. Now I want John to only access
> machines allocated for project 'mars' i.e x1 to x3 & John to access machines allocated
> for 'venus' i.e y1 to y3
>
> I went through this link learned that it can be achieved using "overlay dynlist". Please
> correct me if I've got it wrong.
> However my lab server is Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala) and it is using slapd.d (not
> slapd.conf)
> So now if I want to attempt to use "overlay dynlist" how should I go about it? Has anyone
> done this before? Any help will be appreciated.

ldapmodify -D cn=config -W -H ldap://some.host
dn: cn={0}module,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: dynlist.la

and ldapadd the following ldif, while olcDataBase and olcDlAttrSet may
vary on your system.

dn: olcOverlay=dynlist,olcDataBase={1}hdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcDynamicList
olcOverlay: dynlist
olcDlAttrSet: groupOfURLs memberURL