[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Re: Re: Pre-requisites to enable SSL/TLS in OpenLDAP 2.4
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Re: Re: Pre-requisites to enable SSL/TLS in OpenLDAP 2.4
- From: "Arun Srinivasan" <email@example.com>
- Date: 29 Mar 2010 04:37:03 -0000
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=redf; d=rediffmail.com; b=v4y4PLuzEqTBn7vmMB1cfAFAwsNg86fvAyp4kz7g6pIw0NPKLNMJLl+GRN7LlbDnLO3oHAQTVKLJZ+r8BD63b4t0l3yRmO+zJWTiL15HySfB2FC+laN24d5yYw9fQxJHVwCadeVg0Rw13jUN4Mo2RflJQ14fEh8n6Jw+0pWeK8o= ;
Thanks, Quanah and Dieter. I was able successfully link TLS/SSL libraries with slapd after installing openssl-devel package. Thanks for your help guys.
But I do have one query: when I used the below command, eventhough configure found the openssl libraries, it gave the warning as "Checking gnutls.h ... no"
Configure: warning: Could not locate TLS/SSL libraries.
Then, when I removed the CPPFLGAS and LDDFLAGS linking openssl libraries, then all worked fine.
Is there any reason, why the openldap configure refers the gnutls ??
env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib" LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib" ./configure --with-tls
> Did you actually install the openssl-dev RPM package? You must have > the headers and linking libraries on the system so that OpenLDAP can > actually link against it. And yes, you'll have to rebuild OpenLDAP. > I would suggest just running "configure" until you see that it
> successfully found the TLS/SSL headers/libraries.