Problems using OpenLDAP with Active Directory

I'm trying to configure lib-nss to use OpenLDAP against my Active
Directory. But I seem to be having lots of problems even getting it to
search properly. I have Samba all properly configured for AD - it's properly joined to the AD domain, and all seems to be working fine. Now I'd like to investigate using OpenLDAP to authenticate against AD.

AD server =
AD server name = dim-win2300.dacrib.local
AD domain name = DaCrib.local
AD Win2003 SP2 (with Services for Unix installed0

Linux server:
IP =
Ubuntu 9.04
OpenLDAP 2.4.2 (from repository)

Here's the /etc/ldap/ldap.conf:

base dc=DaCrib,dc=local

binddn CN=Administrator,CN=Users,dc=DaCrib,dc=local
bindpw XXXXX

# RFC 2307 (AD) mappings
# <to> <from>
nss_map_attribute userPassword sambaPassword
nss_map_attribute gecos name
nss_map_attribute uid unixName
nss_map_attribute shadowLastChange pwdLastSet
nss_map_objectclass posixGroup group
pam_filter objectclass=User
pam_password crypt

Here's what an "ldapsearch" gives me: (command line will wrap in email)

ldapsearch -v -x -H ldap:// "(objectClass=posixAccount)" sAMAccountName

ldap_initialize( ldap:// )
filter: (objectClass=posixAccount)
requesting: sAMAccountName
# extended LDIF
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=DaCrib,dc=local> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: (objectClass=posixAccount)
# requesting: sAMAccountName

# search result
search: 2
result: 1 Operations error
text: 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform
this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection.,
data 0, vece

# numResponses: 1

So the question is ... why is it failing to bind?

No firewalls are running on either server (at the moment). It should
bind anonymously (I think). I tried turning up the debug level on the
ldapsearch, but that told me nothing I could understand. :-) I tried "-W" so it would prompt for a password, but it says "invalid credentials", even thought I have verified the password of the Administrator account.

From Windows, I can run ldp and bind (as administrator) and search with no problems. Similarly, I can use the command line utility "adfind" and search without issues, without binding.

So I've got something screwy in my ldap.conf, but I can't figure out where.