Re: tls private key

Alex,
encrypting the private key really isn't necessary and I highly doubt it would work for your application nor be worth the hassel. Securing via file permisssions as mentioned previously is really the best way to tackle this. Think of 'other layers of protection' being firewalls, intrusion detection, restricted logins, chroot jails, etc., etc... Encryption really works best for UDP like transportation like email where you cannot guarantee the recipient is the only person able to 'see' the document ;)