From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:21 PM
To: Chris Jacobs; 'hyc@symas.com'
Cc: 'tgates81@gmail.com'; 'openldap-technical@openldap.org'
Subject: Re: Tips when implementing password policies

--On Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:37 PM -0700 Chris Jacobs
<Chris.Jacobs@apollogrp.edu> wrote:

> Okay, it says:
> "If pwdChangedTime does not exist, the user's password will not expire."
>
> How have you guys dealt with this?  I suspect that just asking people to
> please change their passwords so we can make sure they expire will result
> in a low turn-out rate. :p
>
> I also don't want people to just end-up locked out either, if at all
> possible.
>
> Thoughts?

Find all objects without that attribute, and add it.  This will force all
users who previously didn't have it to have to change their password once
that expiration time is reached.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.