Re: Tips when implementing password policies

--On Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:37 PM -0700 Chris Jacobs <Chris.Jacobs@apollogrp.edu> wrote:

Okay, it says:
"If pwdChangedTime does not exist, the user's password will not expire."

How have you guys dealt with this?  I suspect that just asking people to
please change their passwords so we can make sure they expire will result
in a low turn-out rate. :p

I also don't want people to just end-up locked out either, if at all
possible.

Thoughts?

Find all objects without that attribute, and add it. This will force all users who previously didn't have it to have to change their password once that expiration time is reached.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc