Re: a newbie trying to get the basics of syncrepl going

Quoting "Seger, Mark" <mark.seger@hp.com>:

I'm an admitted ldap lightweight but have been able to bring up an ldap server and populate it with the contents of my /etc/passwd file. Now I want to set up a replica on another machine using sync replication and am having a few issues getting it to work. ...

Perhaps you've neglected to configure your provider machine properly, in particular to modify its ACLs, or to load, activate and configure the Sync Provider overlay for it. Or, you may have simply made things too complicated, which can also lead to problems.

This is what I did to get my first test systems to work using simple auth:

   * OpenLDAP provider
     http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-openldap-provider.php

   * OpenLDAP consumer
     http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-openldap-consumer.php