Re: Server-Side Sort Overlay ordering problems

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 11:27 -0200, Diego Lima wrote:

> I have enabled the server-side sorting overlay and I received the
> following error on a search:
> sssvlv: no ordering rule specified and no default ordering rule for
> attribute uid
> <= get_ctrls: n=1 rc=18 err="serverSort control: No ordering rule"
> send_ldap_result: conn=1000 op=7 p=3
> send_ldap_response: msgid=8 tag=101 err=18
> ber_flush2: 50 bytes to sd 13
> Where should I specify the ordering rule for the uid attribute? The
> core schema?

I believe I have this issue as well. Since upgrading to OL 2.4.20 our
OpenFire XMPP server has been logging an unending stream of -

2010.02.15 11:02:26
[org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.retrieveList(LdapManager.java:1709)]
javax.naming.directory.InvalidSearchFilterException: [LDAP: error code 18 - serverSort control: No ordering rule]; remaining name ''
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(Unknown Source)

No changes were made to the OpenFire configuration, so the issue must be
do to a change in OL schema.  Browsing our DSA's schema and cn and uid
have no ordering rule.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>