[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap rebind proc problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ldap rebind proc problem
- From: Jeremiah Martell <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:21:54 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=sapnrHS+Or7KiIYdaLNBurqcrMBJUliu6h4YbhC53Nc=; b=JGzyv2loMxtFSrEBwUhTfVP9ubhOP3il9yLOjcGwxT+HCFa43crKUl6teQod0/9eik cPoA96orWdALPoxSuUkjNbzuFzg51Dsc3CVXkQdHChel/htcTPLwOtKki2vrO0/e4w5z BPsjemUThv8fmN0cPGOVGruyT9MHCQ0nDpkdk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=Gz5iNfo/C+s8/kKj3UfHLhjaM7XL+YETXL1aiquDZJKAwsQLnxY33D2tOG9ECwidjv +ryhDifzQM/BGVnLf/EXcoot34qhdYJMnliHnpcKXkIqTIqcotyJXbuy2cdMyyArOK1p IX2AxqzcWirdvAPWUIfDA0l6l/6/JqiuM6ToA=
I'm trying to get my code to rebind appropriately when it's
automatically chasing referrals, but I'm running into a strange
I bind to server A, which returns me a referral to server B.
My rebind proc is called, which tries to bind to server B. That
succeeds, and (accoring to Wireshark) I get a couple referrals.
(DomainDnsZones, ForestDnsZones, and server C).
Then my rebind proc is called to bind to server C, but then
recursively it is called (on the same thread, says pthread_self) to
bind to DomainDnsZones, and
then recursively again it is called to bind to ForestDnsZones, which
is where my code hangs for at least 5 minutes before I kill it.
My rebind proc is calling ldap_sasl_bind_s, which seems to be what is
then re-calling my rebind proc in each case.
The problem is that my code hangs in one of the ldap_sasl_bind_s
calls, and never returns, but Wireshark shows that it successfully
binds to all thee of the referred servers.
I'm using openldap-2.3.24.
My questions are:
- Is my rebind proc correct? It seems that calling ldap_sasl_bind_s is
correct and allowed.
- Was there a bug that has been fixed since 2.3.24 in direct regard to
- Any tips or hints on what could be hanging up the code?