Re: Where is DB_CONFIG file?

Thanks Quanah,

I'm going to try your method, hope it works as it seems much faster. Otherwise I should recreate all the directory

Kind Regars

2010/2/11 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
----- Echedey Lorenzo <echedey@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the best option, as you suggest, is to recreate everything. Is it
> enough to remove all /var/lib/ldap contents, restart the ldap service, and
> populate all again? My intention is to have 8M entries as max.
>
> Thanks for your help

There is zero need to recreate everything. Dieter is wrong. Simply stop slapd, create the DB_CONFIG file, run db_recover to regenerate the bdb database profile, then start slapd. This has been the standard way to do this since OpenLDAP 2.1. Dieter should know this.

--Quanah

> 2010/2/11 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de>
>
> > Echedey Lorenzo <echedey@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Thanks for your answer,
> > >
> > > My /var/lib/ldap does not contain any DB_CONFIG file except __db.00x,
> > *.bdb and log.000xxx files :(
> > >
> > > Should I create it? Where does my Berkeley takes it configuration
> > > from? Or maybe it is in another place...
> >
> > If you have setup a configuration backend, than there is no
> > requirement for a DB_CONFIG file as the appropriate database
> > parameters are in olcDatabase={x}bdb.ldif, something like
> >
> > olcDbConfig: {0}set_cachesize 0 67108864 1
> > olcDbConfig: {1}set_lg_regionmax 262144
> > olcDbConfig: {2}set_lg_bsize 2097152
> > olcDbConfig: {3}set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
> >

> > If there is no configuration backend and no DB_CONFIG in the database
> > directory, than you should create this file. These are the default
> > SUSE settings:
> >
> > ,----[ DB_CONFIG ]
> > | set_cachesize 0 15000000 1
> > | set_lg_regionmax 262144
> > | set_lg_bsize 2097152
> > | set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
> > `----
> >
> > but note that you have to recreate the database, it is not sufficient
> > to just add a DB_CONFIG file, this file has to be present when
> > creating the database.
> >
> > -Dieter
> >
> > --
> > Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung