Re: Where is DB_CONFIG file?

I think the best option, as you suggest, is to recreate everything. Is it enough to remove all /var/lib/ldap contents, restart the ldap service, and populate all again? My intention is to have 8M entries as max.

Thanks for your help

2010/2/11 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de>
Echedey Lorenzo <echedey@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your answer,
>
> My /var/lib/ldap does not contain any DB_CONFIG file except __db.00x, *.bdb and log.000xxx files :(
>
> Should I create it? Where does my Berkeley takes it configuration
> from? Or maybe it is in another place...

If you have setup a configuration backend, than there is no
requirement for a DB_CONFIG file as the appropriate database
parameters are in olcDatabase={x}bdb.ldif, something like

olcDbConfig: {0}set_cachesize 0 67108864 1
olcDbConfig: {1}set_lg_regionmax 262144
olcDbConfig: {2}set_lg_bsize 2097152
olcDbConfig: {3}set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

If there is no configuration backend and no DB_CONFIG in the database
directory, than you should create this file. These are the default
SUSE settings:

,----[ DB_CONFIG ]
| set_cachesize 0 15000000 1
| set_lg_regionmax 262144
| set_lg_bsize 2097152
| set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
`----

but note that you have to recreate the database, it is not sufficient
to just add a DB_CONFIG file, this file has to be present when
creating the database.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung