Re: slapd dying, what next?

--On Monday, February 08, 2010 11:05 AM -0600 "Bryan J. Maupin" <bmaupin@uta.edu> wrote:

Make sure your OpenLDAP build, etc, has debugging symbols.

I've never done this, so just to be sure, to do this I need to pass
CFLAGS="-g -O0" when running configure, then make install STRIP="" when
it's time for that step, correct?

Correct

Then, I simply "gdb /path/to/slapd [options] /path/to/slapd.core"?

Correct

Lastly, do I need to change the slapd log level at all, or will all of
the helpful information be in the core file?

For now, loglevel is likely unimportant. The core file has all the information necessary.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc