Re: OpenLDAP does not seem to start

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:50 AM -0600
> sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:
>

>> Is my db corrupted possibly after the electric outage?  If so, is there
>> fix to run on it or will I just have to have a backup of it?
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>
> I suggest looking into the "db_recover" command that matches with the
> version of BDB that your OpenLDAP is linked against.  I'm not certain why
> you didn't spend some time trying to get error messages from slapd after
> rebooting, certainly nss_ldap isn't going to provide anything useful about
> why LDAP fails to start.

Thanks.  I will look at the db_recover.  I actually could not find any log
files on slapd unless I am looking for the wrong thing.

I looked in /var/log, /var/lib/ldap, /var/run/openldap and other places,
but could not find any logs.  I checked the ldap.conf and slapd.conf file
also to see if it had the location of where they were, but all I saw was a
256 log level.

Thanks again.
--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?