Re: Standard objectClass for representing web services

2010/1/12 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>
Hung Luu wrote:
> Does anyone know of a standard objectClass that is appropriate for
> representing web services in the directory?

Personally I prefer to use 'applicationProcess' as a base class for system
processes. You mileage may vary though depending on what attributes you have
to store therein.

> I want to represent web services like users in the directory, and assign
> their DN's to groups for authorization, so I suppose I'm looking for an
> inetOrgPerson equivalent for web services.

The usual group entry object classes ('groupOfNames', 'organizationalRole'
etc.) simply store the member's entry DN. So there is no constraint on the
object class of the member's entry.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com

Thanks - I was thinking about using 'applicationProcess' myself.

-Hung.