Re: Problems allowing users to change their own passowrds

On Thursday, 7 January 2010 12:49:24 James Hammett wrote:
> I know this is an old issue and I've searched on the net and tried
> those, but haven't had any luck.   I'm using openldap 2.3.43.
> In /etc/openldap/slapd.conf, I have set:
>  access to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
>   by self write
>   by anonymous auth
>   by * none

Please provide your entire (sanitised) slapd.conf as an attachment. We need to
see all your ACLs, and be sure of whether leading white space is present or
not ...

(IOW, I can't see anything wrong with what you have provided, but the error
seems to indicate that your ACL is not being evaluated).