TLS + SSL and openldap

I am trying configure openldap work with tls , but I have two question about this, first when I use tls openldap use port 389 and ssl port 639 , is this correct ?
Second How I can test connection between client and server, cryptography is working ?

Bruno Steven - Administrador de sistemas.
LPIC-1 - LPI ID: lpi000119659 / Code: p2e4wz47e4

MCP-Windows 2003 - TranscriptID: 793804 / Access Code: 080089100

P Antes de imprimir pense em sua responsabilidade e comprometimento com o Meio Ambiente. Before printing this message, think about your ecologic responsability and environment commitment.