OpenLdap 2.4.17 and openssl 0.9.8l and datagram-based TLS

Our customer is requiring us to use openssl 0.9.8l   They have determined that there is a problem with datagram based TLS; as long as we’re not using datagram-based TLS for communication to slapd, we can go ahead and approve this.

How do I find out if I’m using datagram-based TLS?  Is it something in the slapd.conf file or is it something in the build of openldap?  Or is it just not an issue?