[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ldap overlays
- From: srg <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:08:08 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:content-type :date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Xp/rhxDLP3NaNXL5jAXlFsn+dU1wK0/a4Zr6qsYSefw=; b=lJTBAlWbMSDYYuCGN7YU2Y1+sPAADqrQwqHyzS1LSpA+d52fHxIh5IoR1cMw+lwCfD 8DXtUUNKM1sGiHGbnyj1CCjXokUYEh/Cb4wzq58DFRDcQouqQ6eYo7CFr70GPn5bxSxz PnZIbo1Jb/DFc0hUJyu1KiUmUqjtwdOz5PzWM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; b=jVmK60YOj68/Nts8ZR2CaSIqjsm0Ps0FlUlqv/YpQaQcYatgWrs8gZ6zA9uJtjpi+D /7JO9uiZwcHdRaXgInPGnrXugqyA7+FnPHK2B9KRankCAomKh1RbI1henWYTKRpo8UHY 63DrBJApqyfxGjcTDTNH2M1Ng4MspalpR6hks=
We are running openldap 2.4.11.
The "base" dn is "dc=foo,dc=com", under this, there are two
organizationalunits "ou=people,dc=foo,dc=com" and
Entries under "groups" use objectclass groupOfNames.
Entries under "people" use objectclass inetOrgPerson.
Each group entry has some "member" attributes, each of them "pointing"
to one user dn. With this we have the "list of members that the group
Also we are using the "memberof" overlay (memberof.la) that
automatically "inserts" "memberof" attributes to each user, so each
user, has a list of memberof attributes (one for each group that the
user belongs to).
At this point all is OK and working fine.
Now we need another overlay that "inserts" a new "text" attribute for
each user called for example "groups" that contains a string with all
the groups that the user belongs to.
Note that we need to have this with only ONE attribute (NOT one
attribute for each group that the user belongs to).
It is possible?
Thanks a lot and best regards