Re: ldap clients cant connect to replica after failure

On 06/11/2009 15:31, Scott Behrens wrote:
Hello,

I am running 2 hosts CentOS release 5.3 (Final) with kernel 2.6.18-164.el5l.

One box is the provider and the other is a consumer using syncrepl.
When the primary goes down, I can perform searches against the domain
from the replica so I know the replica has replicated the data (when I
stop both hosts I can't preform the search obviously).  When I point a
client to the replica, I get a timeout when trying to perform searches
or pull data.  ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1).

Any ideas?  I will provide more information if needed.

Hi,

Which client are you pointing to the replica? ldapsearch? And what version of OpenLDAP are you running?

This is a pretty vague error, many things could be the cause: bad client setup, network problems, server problems...

I suggest you check out the logs from the server you're trying to connect to, having previously set them to include "stats" (level 256).

Hope this helps,
Jonathan