Re: 2.3.43 master to 2.4.18 slave problem

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:19 PM +0000 Bill MacAllister
<whm@stanford.edu>  wrote:

This is a problem for us because we expect to have a mixed 2.3/2.4 during
the transistion to 2.4 on our production servers.  The really nasty bit is
that the only way I know for sure to fix this problem is to reload the
slave.  Is there an alterntive way?

Sanitize the data before it is written to the master.

And think about what degree of "sanitization" you're going for. In your particular case, "c/o" is the common practice usage, not "c\o". I guess "c\o" is the product of a generation of people raised on Windows, who think "\" is "slash" and don't realize that it is actually "back-slash", and they've been using it incorrectly all their lives...

--
  -- Howard Chu