[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: shadow context; no update referral
- To: Venish Khant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: shadow context; no update referral
- From: Matthew Edlefsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:12:21 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=trCwjTwxRuGUfzFwSJe9jQ9AAS5XqvTydU74HNPA3HU=; b=LIJVzk+rdYuLR8cJLsd5/A0tdw24v5dH9jyESuCbiVFQfXiABnNnUf1VuKPc18LArP pMLrmYCBaO8YRjrzJQn7AxUcw7+ed+7d8MAWi/HKXJ8TQ7TiJXiJk8debEy+xOSujV2W rRgoEFkRMEqQvrFJmVdKwX0K1auG2AjlZSv78=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=dGgxSYHZHph9NFZzWpe/7vRoGPzVkYX3WvikBqaI4oPePbtqmWKWsk/lhomg044pq0 UMtP8xvyfrNEWJ0gj2wfdSqpUcmZY6yxJQhdcKxgcXGQurEmmQA0JJ04ZC80dRh+aee8 fvKo+kQQI+ZDWn+ky1A7IKxBGS0TBftkZZ5oA=
- In-reply-to: <4AD6FCA7.email@example.com>
- References: <4AD6FCA7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Venish Khant <email@example.com> wrote:
> I had configured openldap in master/slave for replication. It's work
> perfectly. It's replicated entries but one entry not replicated. I try to
> add that entry using ldapadd command in my slave server. That time I got the
> below error.
> adding new entry "uid=test,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
> additional info: shadow context; no update referral
> Venish Khant
I'm not an expert on OpenLDAP but nobody has responded so I thought
I'd share what I've learned.
If a server is a syncrepl slave you can't directly make changes (i.e.
it is read only). I had similar problems with entries not getting
synced. I'm using multi-master mode so I was able to fix it by doing
One thing you could try is running slapd with "-c rid=$RID" where $RID
is the syncrepl rid. This forces a complete resync so make sure to
not to leave it in your start scripts or you'll be resyncing
everything you restart the server.