[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: OpenLDAP Scaling
- From: Brian Zuromski <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:35:02 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=mKQJJs6st1wfCp1jQ0Zm7Ah6LSfADkEMe7CRjncYDfk=; b=UoUL8jC/OY9d5kGyRNm7T7QKYKZ0mwfL37Mq7eKRmCUQAv70bLzQ2/k8hHgVm/LBCM YykVRDiuYPpZq4gK3oaotZ1CWgFOeXz5QHvTO6z+nPkxVLPCVfMSpxC7M/Jgz8HD/IU6 bYBPzn0Z2ousk2/co9rkX749c0XkFjKrutVaE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=TuJbN+6ZEO6B4i5Mo4HTkFgaVHrL2I4+YZXCl2wPWn3y2Oj5CHPLXAbesFCJfn61y4 wAkLPNIjOOtpeKR3pWaLvrFZNeOLIcvMdIysMC8OgBo2vspIfhER+uIUt/dvgiFsBfGm OLXGBKZPJCUCzdspOR93qU0HMNXgvKj1WamzY=
I'm trying to scale out a openldap server deployment to serve around 100K users. I plan on having a master server and using syncrepl to create slaves that sit behind a load-balancer. Is there a good rule of thumb to abide by when creating a scenario like this? How many authentications/sec can a server typically handle? I've seen the benchmark comparisons (http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa07/htgr_files/chu.pdf) that have been posted by Howard, but it doesn't say what the system specs were that the tests were performed on? I will have pretty beefy systems to use (lots of RAM and CPU)...