[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Advice/comments on deploying openLDAP in a VirtualBox
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Advice/comments on deploying openLDAP in a VirtualBox
- From: Arun Khan <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:57:04 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=dzNm3uiPA4eIKw/Ec2EiExZGaROYg8/js1kQFnU8Frk=; b=QSwXDsg8yUkcegOOg2okGKemYdmn3RNL/2+5lT+oF42YVkHlLalFe39sSuDX7+hN70 pbNJFFYyHHAyYIlFL/wpu1ijBfqDE653+OLpczlZuKpdPTgXw6MheMJ2s2b6iRuTVnhf CkSOAc1SlvtPaq5pgSpS/ymkQ/23/6yw2ukME=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=WWMNMkashBZKKI3+UpGxnDyctsHS2YFt9vewIYSSvhXLNvOhU+syDojpfoY4dQaoOm +vDN9IHvTpxpFJp2X5O5QVpa4CmrKudThWQvgDmNZm/mNgM5zgNPevjTM6fxBTDI5j0F +mGj6zgA1/t7f9dUwHOqARTu48ol/pqWnpAUk=
> Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:59:30 -0400
> From: Adam Tauno Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: Re: Advice/comments on deploying openLDAP in a VirtualBox
> To: email@example.com
> Message-ID: <1253653170.5317.24.camel@linux-m3mt>
> Content-Type: text/plain
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 00:23 +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
>> I have completed the prototyping of openldap, samba/pdc, on a
>> VirtualBox appliance. The setup works fine with 4-5 different
>> desktop clients connecting to
>> the services.
>> Appliance details: VirtualBox 3.0.6 - 512MB RAM, 8MB Video RAM, 9GB
>> VDI with 1GB Swap and CentOS 5.3 64bit).
>> I am considering deploying this appliance into production with 1GB
>> RAM. The no. of clients connecting to the server will be approx. 150.
>> Has anyone deployed openLDAP + Samba/PDC in a VirtualBox appliance?
> I don't know anything about Virtual Box but I operate an OpenLDAP +
> Samba/PDC for 300+ used on an ESX VM with roughly the allocated
> resources you specify [although I have no idea about "Video RAM" or
> "VDI"]. I imagine the performance of the underlying host may matter
> more than your specific allocations so long as process fit into the
> allocated memory.
Much thanks for sharing your experience and validating the deployment
openLDAP+Samba/PDC in a virtual environment.
The VirtualBox VideoRam is applicable only for graphical display and
VDI == VirtualDiskImage (it is the file that contains the VM).
-- Arun Khan