Re: Limiting finger lookup access on Linux

On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Howard Chu wrote:

Rex Roof wrote:
Yes, or a configuration for PAM that limits which users it provides
information for.

PAM doesn't return user information at all. This is strictly for nss- ldap. You could also add a filter to nss-ldap's config file. Unfortunately the most straightforward filter (memberOf=<the group DN>) won't work with OpenLDAP's memberof overlay. If your group was actually a dynamic group, then you could
use the same filter criteria that the dynamic group uses.

-Rex

From what I can tell, nss_ldap and pam_ldap use the same config file in centos, /etc/ldap.conf. So they both use the same proxy user?

What do you mean by dynamic group? I'm open to changing to some other setup.

-Rex