Re: v. 2.4.15 , set as provider giving msg: "logdb <suffix>" missing or invalid

Brian Neu wrote:
My apologies if I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm past deadline, late for my kid's football practice, and my brain is fried.

I've done my best to follow the Admin Guide example at 18.3.2.1.

You configured your accesslog as "dc=accesslog" but you've set the overlay to look for "cn=accesslog". Since they don't match, the overlay can't find the database to log to.

When issuing a "service ldap restart" or /etc/init.d/ldap restart

I get this output

hdb_db_open: database "dc=accesslog": unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
hdb_db_open: database "dc=accesslog": recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are encountered.
hdb_db_open: database "dc=srg,dc=com": unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
hdb_db_open: database "dc=srg,dc=com": recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are encountered.
accesslog: "logdb<suffix>" missing or invalid.
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (1)
slap_startup failed (test would succeed using the -u switch)
stale lock files may be present in /var/lib/ldap/accesslog [WARNING]
stale lock files may be present in /var/lib/ldap           [WARNING]

I've tried a -s 192 and a -d 192 as an argument to slapd ---- I'm not even sure where the logs are supposed to go, as nothing ends up in /var/log/messages .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I put the attached slapd.conf up at pastebin too:
  http://pastebin.com/m11dc35a5

Thanks!

--
  -- Howard Chu