Re: Can't import ldif file

--On Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:27 AM -0700 Kristen Walker <kwalker@sbceo.org> wrote:

Hello - apologies if this is a dumb question, I am an LDAP newbie.  I have
an LDAP server on another machine and I need to duplicate it, but I am
having trouble importing the ldif file.

I do a dump of the LDAP data with this command:

nice slapcat > /home/upadmin/uportal_ldap_backups/`date
+%m%d%Y_%H%M`_ldap_backup.ldif

I move the resulting ldif file to my other server and test the import:

slapadd -v -u -c -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l
/root/08052009_0647_ldap_backup.ldif

The output seems good - I get:

added: "dc=sbceoportal,dc=org"
added: "ou=Users,dc=sbceoportal,dc=org"
added: "ou=Groups,dc=sbceoportal,dc=org"
added: "ou=System,dc=sbceoportal,dc=org"
added: "cn=LDAP Admins,ou=Groups,dc=sbceoportal,dc=org"
.#################### 100.00% eta   none elapsed            none fast!

Then I run the command to do the real import:

slapadd -v -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l
/root/08052009_0647_ldap_backup.ldif

And the import hangs on the first record.  This is the output I get:

bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to
enable
added: "dc=sbceoportal,dc=org" (00000001)

And it just seems to sit there and never finish.  Anyone have any idea
what is going on or anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

A couple of things:

Do you have a DB_CONFIG file?

Does the progress bar show up?

Does the server you are adding to already have a database?

Have you thought about using the "-q" flag to slapadd?

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc