[Date Prev][Date Next]
adding/modifying local attributes with translucent overlay
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: adding/modifying local attributes with translucent overlay
- From: "Hart, Brian R." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:58:29 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Content-language: en-US
- Thread-index: AcoLDyojmebx3AuZTTaJK+shZg+atw==
- Thread-topic: adding/modifying local attributes with translucent overlay
Hey everyone -
I have an openldap server setup using the translucent overlay and pulling entries from a remote ldap server (running Fedora DS). I seem to have gotten the translucent overlay configured correctly as I can perform searches and obtain entries from the remote ldap server by way of the local one. I can even add local attributes for users and groups in the local server and perform searches and obtain the results with the local attributes. However when I try to change or modify anything that has been stored in the local ldap server I either get 'ldapadd: already exists (68)' or 'ldapmodify: no such object (32)'.
I'm using openldap 2.4.16 on RHEL5. When I'm trying to make these changes I'm using an ldif file just like I did when I added the attributes to begin with. I've tried just modifying the ldif file and re-adding as if it didn't already exist and I've tried writing the ldif as if it was for a modify with a changetype: modify line in the file.
If I need to post the configuration file I can I just thought I'd hold off on putting all of that here if it wasn't necessary. I hope somebody can help - thanks in advance!