[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Suggestion for 2 domains samba+ldap and Windows AD
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Suggestion for 2 domains samba+ldap and Windows AD
- From: Alberto Moreno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:42:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=89A8pI3/W5nkZdrieHxox0eqCTnwOz1EQePqiAMkk+o=; b=h5nIxlweq27BXF5ex3uuRn0oX7f7+JETu5JL0vI4wb6+MsXMI0+fAm0AnBPh+kQEt7 MzXGdbjVI/lL/Me17f20VUYj3rzru/bRY6ZRvOOTJ7OytisTylMbybtX+epyU7Sjgu1z Bf7S5xtKE6sECOlQaqYKvFkOsDfpo/VIuWKn4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Je76Ruoi7Qjz7eXBau3nTB67TpVvQLUvWqm/mrJej676P5U4+yNuNWAlJNKENtxrva kdQZbm/d9JTXk2xUoh/fRK90CeGx16RlpvA5yLg1Dh1LkXGfVVcAYi+keMvqTf/4pQu9 WyTHCrMj0fvC37s0XgGrBwxEJM1pWvquxeBTY=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Buchan Milne<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Monday 13 July 2009 19:13:15 Alberto Moreno wrote:
>> Hi people.
>> I want to know if this is possible.
>> I have right now 3 domains in my network.
>> Dom A = Samba 3.0.33 Gentoo + LDAP. This serve to a domain of 10
>> users at location 1.
>> Dom B = Windows 2003 AD serving 8 users at location 2.
>> Dom C = WinNT + samba as client serving most of the users(35) at location
>> As u can see, the NT is the most busy, I need to remove that
>> domain, is in the same location as "Dom B", my path is to move all the
>> users from "Dom C" to "Dom B" most of the machines are windows boxes.
>> This is easy, the only issue I was having before is my 2 samba boxes,
>> I could not make possible to be part of the "Dom B", but last week I
>> made that possible, them I can make this move.
>> Well, the main reason of this email is because, after I remove the
>> NT server, at location 2 I would just have a Window 2k3 AD domain
>> working, on the other site (location 1) I would have a domain running
>> samba+ldap working.
>> Right now, if I'm at location 1 I cannot see location 2 the "Dom
>> B"(Win 2k3), the same thing happen at location 2.
>> There is a way to make this possible, can a domain with samba+ldap
>> see a domain with win 2k3? Is possible to share users?
>> I was think to setup another server at location 2 with samba+ldap
>> and sync users but I still have the users of the win 2k3 domain...?
>> Hope to be clear, if someone have some experience here at will
>> appreciated, thanks for your time!!!
> This question has very little to do with LDAP, as whether the accounts are in
> ldapsam or tdb or smbpasswd makes very little difference.
> You can create inter-domain trusts between the two remaining domains, which
> will allow users from one domain to access services in the other domain.
> Please see the samba documentation on inter-domain trusts.
Thanks Buchan for your help!!!
LIving the dream...