bindmethod and credentials in slurpd replication.

Hi All –

Our server team does not want to update our openldap version beyond 2.2 because redhat supports 2.2 as the latest and greatest for RHEL4.

So I am trying to configure slurpd replication for them. I got the replication to work. But when defining “replica”, I got the following questions.

1)       For credentials, can I use hashed password like for rootpw

2)       If we could use hashed password, what should the bindmethod be?

replica uri=<URL>

        binddn=<Bind DN>

        bindmethod=simple à ???

Thanks in advance.