Re: Delete operation is delayed...

On Jul 9, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, July 09, 2009 1:21 PM -0400 Rex Roof <rex@wccnet.edu> wrote:

back-ndb is for mysql?

so you're suggesting that I mirror the data using a mysql cluster and
just build multiple frontend servers to run slapd, all connecting to the
same mysql backend database?

That is the point of back-ndb.  It gets rid of all the issues of
replication delays, and mysql takes care of the database failover. And
please don't top post. :)

--Quanah

sorry, it's how I prefer my email. I realize it isn't best for mailing list archives.

doesn't that just say that openldap can't properly handle failover, then? if you're relying on mysql to handle the failover? I feel like this is way overcomplicating my LDAP setup. I'm dealing with fewer than 200,000 objects in my LDAP tree, I feel like it should be a simple thing to provide an adequate failover setup with multiple servers, all accepting writes, and not relying on one single server to be up for writes.

I'd even be happy with two servers mirroring and other servers slaving off of them via sync-repl.

I rely on the experts because I don't understand the internals of OpenLDAP. would you really not suggest using MMR?
if not, why is it an option in the stable release of the code?

-Rex