[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: MirrorMode VS load balancing
- To: Hideo NAKAMITSU <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: MirrorMode VS load balancing
- From: Brett Maxfield <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:58:07 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:mime-version :content-class:from:subject:date:importance:x-priority:to :content-transfer-encoding:content-type; bh=+tnHvnggs72juoCuIrZGiFJGtM78kbg0g5ZPN8KjEeU=; b=K5qdHTeXYKAGTttGahW79c1dyGULj9oJz674suhLkE8D3elMOPyE7SJLIfEpJKXhkn nkKlQfnn8w2ZA4BlDr49oU1bIFrpW5sXIPULZuku4xANXvw0fnflPiiGNsLSxK7PLkZC f35+FMk0TUKWYNNVbopmennBT9GJlMwlc2I28=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:mime-version:content-class:from:subject:date:importance :x-priority:to:content-transfer-encoding:content-type; b=Sg9xXLUqodjrKCpCShIDpCptk/ZR6mUaCHaGsU25XHKLkIXAqiuyET+wEAQaRMnJOr iwpuqbd8HNxCOhiUJgIBB0ZtmbEiQCfjoWBdo4zYrVAlXYcEd96w/5p4dIZGgBQq+VxL 4g56cqN3NSA0lT2kMtsg+klO2891yyj5wMHlU=
- Importance: normal
Yes simple is a good thing, but you have to decide for yourself what risk and downtime is acceptable, how long to recover and how many writes is acceptable to lose.
E.g. Is a one daily backup acceptable for recovery (and you lose changes since then), or do you need every single write to the hour/minute ?
The more continously/frequently you write to both nodes, the more likely are sync errors, and also less recoverability of your bdb logs in the event of catastrophic power failure or inproper shutdown.
I dont think anyone can decide this for you.. You need to evaluate your level of risk and what loss / downtime is acceptable to you / your employer / your customers etc.,
From: Hideo NAKAMITSU <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, 29 June 2009 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: MirrorMode VS load balancing
and how about 1write/sec, 10writes/sec, 50writes/sec, 100writes/sec...
I want to know this threshold like,
- if writes happen 0-5/sec, it's 99% safe
(at the worst unlucky case, only 2writes at the same time may break something)
- 6-50/sec, may safe or not.
- more than 50/sec, danger.