Re: OpenLDAP and AD integration

On 12/06/2009 13:33, Michael Ströder wrote:
Santosh Balan wrote:

I am newbee to this community and want to know how I can integrate an
OpenLdap Server with MS Active Directory. Such that I create a user in
LDAP it reflects in AD as well and vice-a-versa. Similarly any changes
should effect on both AD and LDAP. Also I want to know how this can be
done with a technical documentation.

This is not possible just by OpenLDAP and AD server configuration. You
need a custom sync process for that. There might be already some
implementations available but most times they won't fit exactly your
requirements. So I'd recommend to write your own custom script to do it.

If you choose this approach, you may want to look at Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) which is designed for this purpose, and can easily be set up to synchronize AD and OpenLDAP. See http://lsc-project.org/wiki/documentation/tutorials/openldaptoactivedirectory

Regards,
Jonathan

PS: please apologize the advertising :)