RE: SASL LDAP binding over IPv6

My apology (for the private inquiry) first, Howard.

Can I say that in case of IPv4 address, it is optional that whether we pass hostname to ldapsearch command. And in case of IPv6 address, the hostname is a prerequisite. Even we know in advance the IPv6 address of the server, we can't pass it directly to ldapsearch command?

Thanks,
Xu Qiang