Re: slapcat unable to make ldif file with size > 2GB

Hi,

This might happen on a 32 bit kernel, or perhaps you are using 32 bit BDB libraries..

If this is the case, you will need to upgrade your OS or recompile openldap against 64 bit libraries. i'd setup a test system, and validate which of the above is true.

i think on Linux it would be a kernel/policy issue, on solaris it would be a linking issue, as by default both the openldap and BDB configure only picks up 32 bit libraries, solaris ships both 32 and 64 bit libraries, but he 64 bit libraries are in /usr/lib/sparcv9 (not the default location).

there is some chance that it's a policy restriction also, check "ulimit -a" for max file size.

Cheers
Brett