Re: Problems with openLDAP and Samba

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 09:26 +0200, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Matt Burkhardt <mlb@imparisystems.com> writes:

> Hope this is the right list -
>
> Anyway, I've got openLDAP 2.4.9 on Ubuntu 8.04 along with Samba 3.028
>
> I've got it all installed and used the slapd.d (cn=config) capabilities.
>
> I get no errors on start up or stop, can create, modify and delete users and groups.
>
> However, I cannot create a user in openLDAP that is usable with Samba.  If I go back
> in and create a Unix user, it will work.  I've installed libnss-lapd and configured it
> - but is this the way it's supposed to work?  What should I be looking at?

Is cn=config,cn=schema,cn={x}samba3.ldif included?

-Dieter

Thanks Dieter - here's the results of

ldapsearch -x -b cn=config -D cn=admin,cn=config -W -A cn={4}samba

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=config> with scope subtree
# filter: cn={4}samba
# requesting: ALL
#

# {4}samba, schema, config
dn: cn={4}samba,cn=schema,cn=config
objectClass:
cn:
olcAttributeTypes:
olcObjectClasses:

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Does that look right?

--
Matt Burkhardt, M.Sci. Technology Management
mlb@imparisystems.com