Re: Host based authentication using OpenLDAP

----- "Per Kristiansen" <perk@funcom.com> wrote:

> Hello, I've been working on implementing a LDAP solution for the last
> 8
> months (in-between task, you know how it is :D )

Time flies!

> I now have a working LDAP directory, have all my users imported,
> things
> actually work! :D..(jinx!)

Excellent work, well done!

> But now I wanna get fancy..
>
> I've been googeling for some sort of clear description on how I can
> set
> up a system using groups of hosts and user groups to create a
> selective
> ACL for ssh'ing to a set of servers based on group membership.

It sounds to me like you are almost here and just need help creating the LDAP groups, ACLs
and LDAP search/filters for use with nss_ldap on RHEL 4/5 and Centos?

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html