Re: Deleting hundreds of Entry under a OU

Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to deleted abount 500 Entrys under a OU in my LDAP-Tree cause I
> have to change the objectClass from "account" to "inetorgPerson".
> Can I do this with ldapdelete? I always used that tool only to delete
> one entry.

Yes. But you have to provide a file with a list of the DNs of the
entries to be deleted.

$ ldapdelete -h
usage: ldapdelete [options] [dn]...
	dn: list of DNs to delete. If not given, it will be readed from stdin
	    or from the file specified with "-f file".

(You could also use some of the GUI LDAP clients for that. E.g. my
web2ldap supports recursive deletion of all entries below an entry.)

Ciao, Michael.